22 February 2016

Studio C & Roommate Bonding

So Friday night, my roommates spent probably about an hour just sitting around and watching Studio C skits together. For the average onlooker this may seem normal for a girls' apartment, but for us, it was a big deal. You see, one of my roommates ever spends time at home, or if she does, she is just working on homework. And another struggles with depression, so to get her to interact with the other three of us is like pulling teeth sometimes. So as we slowly gathered one-by-one around our TV, it was pretty stinkin' happy.

And BTW, most of those Studio C skits are HILARIOUS. I am grateful for those skits that perpetuated our roommate bonding last weekend.

On a side note, so we were watching the skits on YouTube on our TV. And that sneaky YouTube company, they have it set up it so if you don't touch any buttons, it'll automatically play the next video like 10 seconds later! So it gets super addictive to hard to turn it off! :P It definitely now makes me reflect on the reinforcement schedule theory!

2 comments:

  1. I love Studio C! How fun that you were able to bond with your roommates over wholesome entertainment. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great example of how we use the media for social interaction! I too have spent a few nights here and there watching Studio C, and other YouTube channels, with roommates and it always turns out to be a really fun time. I've also noticed that a lot of Studio C sketches are a lot funnier when I watch them with other people.

    ReplyDelete